Thursday 21 February 2008

Shopholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Becky's life is blooming! She's working at London's newest fashion store The Look, house-hunting with husband Luke (her secret wish is a Shoe Room)...and she's pregnant! She couldn't be more overjoyed - especially since discovering that shopping cures morning sickness.

Everything has got to be perfect for her baby: from the designer nursery...to the latest, coolest pram...to the celebrity, must-have obstetrician. But when the celebrity obstetrician turns out to be her husband Luke's glamorous, intellectual ex-girlfriend, Becky's perfect world starts to crumble. She's shopping for two...but are there three in her marriage!

I have to say I love Becky! I can identify with her on so many levels, probably a lot of us could, whilst I love a good old shop I'm nothing as bad as her but, anyway ... reading a few reviews about this book I wasn't expecting the greatest thing but, I think this is one of the best after Shopoholic & Sister!

As this is now book 5 some may think Sophie should put the Shopoholic world to bed but, no! I love these books and hearing what Becky gets up to next is hilarious its just like catching up with an old friend you haven't seen in ages!

If you haven't read this book ... STOP HERE!

I absolutely hated Venetia and could really have punched her, the horrible things she said about Becky but, the part in the hospital just before she goes into labour was so cute when Luke said all the fantastic things about her but, my favourite part was when she thinks Luke is having an affair with venetia and she writes him the letter and he appears at the house just as Vogue get there, aww that was soooooo sweet!

Anyway, loved it loved it loved it and hope Becky is back soon with her daughter for some more hilarious adventures!

1 comment:

Margo. said...

I've not read this one. I need to borrow it from Jess.