Tuesday 26 February 2008

Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn

Meet the D'Artigo Sisters-three half human, half-Faerie, wild and sexy members of the OIA-the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. Camille, a witch, Delilah, a werecat, and Menolly, an acrobat extraordinaire turned vampire, are sent Earthside to keep them out of trouble by their superiors, but the girls find themselves smack in the middle of Demon-Central when Shadow Wing, the leader of the Subterranean Realms, decides to attempt a coup on both Earth and Otherworld. Now, with their erratic powers, the sisters must use their collective talents to prevent the demons from taking over and to save two worlds, one monster at a time.

Delilah:
"Someone’s been slaughtering the Weres of the Rainier Puma Pride, and my sisters and I have been enlisted to investigate by Zachary Lyonnesse, golden boy of the werepumas. Right away we smelled demon trouble, and we tracked it directly into the snare of the Hunters Moon Clan, sworn enemies of Puma Pride. But there’s more than Were rivalry at work. It’s that old demon Shadow Wing who’s setting a deadly snare for the pumas. We have to find out why, which means a visit one to of the Immortals. Unfortunately, for my sisters and me, our half-human blood is just enough to put us in mortal danger."

This is the second (of what I thought was three but, no apparently there is more) of the Sisters of the Moon series and Delilah ius a shapeshifter and to be honest I prefferred the character of the first book but, Deliliah was still very interesting!

So we have 3 sisters, which may sound similar to another well known series of 3 sisters, although they were all witches but, YG vehemently denies these have been influenced by any of those characters and if you read the books you will see that's true, the fact that there are 3 sisters and one is a witch is where the similarities end, and this is also classed as Paranormal Romance but, YG also vehemently makes another claim that this is Urban Fantasy which I would agree with it does not have some of the elements as PR which isn't a bad thing as I've read many excellent PR's.

As (what I thought was) the middle book this was good not fantastic but, a brilliant and addictive read, there are so many books of this type of genre out there at the moment and its easy to get overloaded and I'm sure I am missing out on some great series similar to this but, for now this one does for me, looking forward to reading Darkling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this series and am looking forward to reading it at some point. I know there are lots out there like it, but I like her witchy books so will definitely be giving her fiction a go.