Wednesday 4 February 2009

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

SYNOPSIS
This is an epic historical novel following on from the bestselling "Dragonfly in Amber." Their passionate encounter happened two centuries ago when the gallant renegade Jamie Fraser sent her back to her own time, pregnant with his child, believing he would be killed in the bloody Battle of Culloden in 1746. Now their daughter has grown up and Claire discovers that Jamie survived. Drawn back across the chasm of time she seeks once more the man she could never forget, the destiny she cannot ignore...

MY VIEW contains spoilers!
The third in the Outlander series and I have to say I loved Cross Stitch (or Outlander to anyone beyond the English Isles) Dragonfly in Amber was good though I didn't enjoy it as much as Cross Stitch, and Voyager? Fan-blooming-tastic! I was so hooked from the off.

For the past twenty years Claire thinks Jamie was killed at Culloden but, he never and so begins a fantastic and beautifully told story. The beginning starts with telling the story as to where Jamie is and then with Claire back in the present day and then when Claire decides to go back again it was quite magical the moment they saw each other again, if this was a film I could really imagine it (though I hope this series is never made into a film as it always ruins it for me!).

Yes its an epic of a book and isn't a quick read on a rainy afternoon but, like with the previous books it just doesn't fell like you have devoured 1000 odd pages, I definitely didn't want it to end (even though I have the next 3 books!)

I need to catch up on a few of my other books that have been waiting in the wings for far too long but, I will be back in Claire & Jamie's world very very soon!

6 comments:

Lynn Irwin Stewart said...

VOYAGER is my favorite of the OUTLANDER series -- the part where Clare finds Jamie -- oh, my -- I can read it over and over again!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Voyager is my 2nd favorite in the series (after Outlander), those last 300 pages I couldn't put it down! Did you guess "you know who" would be the owner? I also loved their reunion, one of my fav. oall time moments in the entire series. I'm glad you loved it too!

Marg said...

Voyager is my favourite too! Just the pure shock of that moment, and then the comedy and being back together!

Sigh.... I need to reread.

Kailana said...

Crap. I think I probably just saw too much. Oh, well, since I read the first book like two years ago and still haven't read the second... probably no big loss! Still, really need to get around to this series!

Clare said...

Oh definitely a fave!

Kailana I'm so sorry I should have put spoilers on, I guessed most people had read it :(
Although saying that I know of at least one other who hasn't read it, silly me!

Fyrefly said...

I'm with most others - Voyager's my second favorite of the series, and that scene where they first find each other is so great!