Tuesday 1 July 2008

Dead Girls Are Easy by Terri Garey

There's something about almost dying that makes a girl rethink her priorities. Take Nicki Styx—she was strictly goth and vintage, until a brush with the afterlife leaves her with the ability to see dead people.

Before you can say boo, Atlanta's ghosts are knocking at Nicki's door. Now her days consist of reluctantly cleaning up messes left by the dearly departed, leading ghouls to the Light . . . and one-on-one anatomy lessons with Dr. Joe Bascombe, the dreamy surgeon who saved her life. All this catering to the deceased is a real drag, especially for a girl who'd rather be playing hanky-panky with her hunky new boyfriend . . . who's beginning to think she's totally nuts.

But things get even more complicated when a friend foolishly sells her soul to the devil, and Nicki's new gift lands her in some deep voodoo.

As it turns out for Nicki Styx, death was just the beginning.


Continuing with my current addiction for Paranormal chick lit, this one is a stand alone (I think!). This is the first of Terri Garey's books I have read and oh boy what a feast, never a dull moment as there are a lots of sub plots going on here too.

I did find lots of similarities with Victoria Laurie's Ghosthunter series (previous review) but, thats fine I loved that too!

This is not an intense fun its a lot of light hearted fun and nothing too taxing on the brain but, something I am loving at the moment, I hope there is more but, to be honest I am not sure as this was on my recommendations list on Amazon so off to find out more about Ms Garey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for the recommendation :)