Friday 19 September 2008

Rogue by Rachel Vincent

Synopsis
Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever , though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on and off duty.

But not all my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women, and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...

My View
After reading (and loving) Stray I could not wait to read this, lucky for me I packed both of them in my suitcase!

Rogue starts just a few months after Stray has ended. As good as the previous, which for me is rare I often find the middle books of series the weakest, and this one is a lot less like Kelly Armstrongs series than the previous. Faythe's boyfriend Marc is a great but, he derserves a medal for putting up with Faythe!

Again fast paced and not as long as Stray you will find yourself zipping through this one only to get to the end which is left with a cliffhanger making you desperately want to read thre next instalment, Pride which is not released until 2009 - damn!

Date read: 5-7 September 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, I want to read both of these. It's always annoying to have to wait so long for the next installment. Even longer when they come out in hardback first and I have to wait for the paperback grr.